Laser ultrasonics, defined as the use of lasers to both generate and detect ultrasonic waves, combines the non-contact operation, speed, and spatial resolution of lasers with the ability to penetrate opaque materials.
The resulting versatility and precision are a game-changer for companies across a broad array of industries, from automotive to aerospace and construction.
Some real-life applications that put the dependability of laser ultrasonics on full display include:
- Wall thickness measurement
- Composite flow detection
- Bond evaluation
- Weld inspection
- Coating thickness measurement
- Crack sizing
- Grain size measurement
Companies can leverage the potential of laser ultrasonics to create competitive advantages along all phases of the production cycle.
- Higher quality, lower capital, and operating costs.
- Seamless operation in the face of higher temperatures, faster process speeds, smaller sample size, or more demanding specifications.
- Highly effective where post-process evaluation is no longer satisfactory.
- Monitor/measure earlier in the process: major economic benefits.
- Ideally suited for meeting exacting quality control requirements.
- Extend service life, plan scheduled maintenance.
- Respond to stricter safety requirements.
Fill out the form below for commercial inquiries or to learn more about our technologies and capabilities.