Advanced Optical Sensing
Fluorescent-based sensors can be integrated into an optical fiber the width of a hair or in flexible patches that can be directly adhered to surfaces. Multiple distributed sensors can be measured by a central readout instrument minimizing the added bulk required for additional sensors. Inherent immunity to electromagnetic interference and vibration reduces the amount of additional EMI shielding and vibration isolation required.
The small size of the optodes simplifies integration and allows for high spatial resolution measurements.
About IOS Optode Technology
Our broad catalog of optode sensors includes:
- Water activity/relative humidity
- Carbon dioxide
Our optode technology uses a phase-resolved measurement device making our optode sensing systems unaffected by fluctuations in optical intensity or vibration.
If desired, the optode can be placed on a hair-thin optical fiber or behind a transparent physical barrier. Optodes can be used when electrical connection is impossible or undesirable.
Mask Sensor System (MASES)
MASES provides information on OBOGS (On-Board Oxygen Generation System) function, pilot performance, and critical pilot physiological information during high G maneuvers.
Distributed Fiber Optic Sensing in Biotechnology
- Groundbreaking technology for Resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta (REBOA) in the treatment of hemorrhagic shock. Press Release
- Critical continuous blood analysis in umbilical catheters. Grant, Patent
- A sensor integrated biopsy device for in-situ and real-time tissue analysis. Press Release, Patent
- A subcutaneous optical microneedle sensor for hydration or ethanol monitoring. Grant